Please submit the application form here below electronically, together with all necessary documents.
It has to be submitted to the Chairman of the Scholarship Fund before the deadlines as indicated here:
Spring Application Deadline
- 29 February 2020: Application deadline for a “Year in Japan” starting in autumn 2020 or thereafter.
- Mid March 2020: Candidates are informed if they are invited to the 1st interview
- 2nd half of March 2020: 1st round of interviews
- End March 2020: Candidates are informed if they are invited to the 2nd interview
- Beginning of April 2020: 2nd interview with the committee of the scholarship fund
- Mid April 2020: Final decision
Autumn Application Deadline
- September 30, 2020: Application deadline for a “Year in Japan” starting in spring 2021 or thereafter.
- October 2020: 1st round of interviews.
- Early November 2020: 2nd round of interviews with the committee of the Scholarship Fund
- Mid November 2020: Final decision
If you feel that you will be able to comply with the conditions outlined therein, you may submit your formal application along with the documents required including a fairly detailed motivation letter which also outlines plans for your year in Japan (language school, traineeship options).
We support training in Japan of no less than 12 months consisting of a local Japanese school and internship. Both are integral parts of our program and are compulsory. You are free to select the language school and work place of your choice. Upon request we shall, however, try to assist with respective recommendations.
In addition, we strongly recommend that you read some of the reports of scholarship recipients published on our website. Their personal experiences and advice may answer many of your questions.
Needless to emphasise the importance of a solid preparation of the “Year in Japan” which, in particular, means having acquired sufficient pre-knowledge of Japanese (both verbally and in writing) in order to be able to follow classes right from the beginning.